Dog Grooming Rates
Dog Grooming NYC:
Let Curley Care Take Care
Of All the Dirty Work For You
Curley Care provides affordable dog grooming NYC services for all sizes and breeds of dogs.
Extras and Cost
Dematting – $25 per half hour*
Handstripping – $150 and up*
Teeth Brushing – $20*
- The Basset Hound can have either a short or medium coat with that is very smooth. Basset Hounds tend to shed on a regular basis.
- The Bichon Frise has a dense white coat that consists of short hair. This type of dog doesn’t shed regularly, and they are often compared to the Poodle.
- Boxers have a short, smooth coat and don’t shed as often as other breeds.
- Cocker Spaniels have a smooth coat that consists of short hair on the upper part of the body and long hair on the bottom. Cocker Spaniels occasionally shed, but not as much as other breeds do.
- The Golden Retriever features both an outer coat that usually lies flat against the body and an inner coat that is denser and meant to provide warmth. Golden Retrievers shed on a regular basis and should be groomed weekly.
- Labrador Retrievers feature a short, smooth coat. They tend to shed twice a year in mild climates, but some are known to shed more often.
- Lhasa Apsos originally came from the Himalayas. This breed features a double coat: A soft under coat and a more harsher feeling outer coat. The under coat normally sheds once a year.
- The Maltese is a small breed that only features an outer coat. The coat tends to be long, however some people prefer to trim the coat to a shorter level. Maltese dogs do not shed.
- Miniature Schnauzers have one undercoat that is soft and one external coat that has a more harsh feeling to it. Most Miniature Schnauzers also have some type of beard.
Old English Sheepdog
- Old English Sheepdogs feature a thick coat, parts of which often cover the dog’s face. They also have a water resistant undercoat that must be maintained on a regular basis.
- Pekingese dogs sport thick, furry coats of various brown, gold and gray colors. Pekingese dogs must be properly groomed on a regular basis because they shed a lot.
- Pomeranians feature a thick coat that surrounds nearly their entire body. They are well known for the ruff of hair that surrounds their neck. Pomeranians should be groomed on a regular basis.
- The Scottish Terrier features a hard outer coat on top of a soft inner coat. The part of the coat that makes up the beard and the legs is normally a bit softer than the rest of the hair on the dog’s body.
- The Shih Tzu features a silky, fine coat that can be cut at different lengths. This breed of dog does not shed, but should still be washed and groomed regularly.
- The Standard Poodle features a curley white coat. Most poodle owners decide to trim their coats to a form similar to that of the dog’s body.
- The Toy Poodle is similar to the Standard Poodle but only smaller. They feature a similar coat that is often trimmed to somewhat resemble a lion.
West Highland Terrier
- The West Highland Terrier features a rough outer coat and a soft inner coat. The outer coat can grow to about two inches long and normally grows out to form a circular shape around the dog’s face. The outer coat is often removed by hand stripping or clipping when the dog is groomed.
- The Yorkshire Terrier features a long, fine silky coat that can be trimmed to different lengths and styles. Many Yorkshire Terriers have their coats trimmed to ground level in order to give a more clean and sleek appearance.
Tell Me About Your Grooming Needs in the Form Below
After you hit submit, I (Scott Curley) will get in touch with you.
Your privacy is important to us. We WON’T share your information with 3rd party entities.
Q: Where Does the Groomer Work?
A: Maria lives and grooms in Midtown East. We can arrange to either walk or drive your pooch to her grooming location.
Q: Can I Set Up a Normal Schedule to Have My Pooch Groomed?
A: A normal schedule is preferred so we can guarantee service.
Q: My Pooch is Matted, Does that Matter?
A: Yes, matting will affect the price depending on how long the de-matting process will take.
Q: What Shampoo is Used?
A: We use all natural shampoos that are designed strictly for use on dogs to maximize cleanliness and freshness.
Q: Should I Bring My Pooch to the Groomer?
A: Usually the walker brings the pooch to our groomer and home.